Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Junk People Leave Behind

After three years of apartment managing, I see the trends in what people most often leave behind. I get it, too. The hell of moving. Realizing you own way more stuff then you thought. Way way more stuff. That hall closet you open just when you thought you were close to done. Close to when you've had enough. I sympathize. Moving sucks.

I just never realized seeing the flotsam & jetsam would have such continuity. Objects of desertion I most often find - by the dumpster, or in the just-vacated apartment:
  • Vacuum cleaners
  • Broom & dustbin sets (when it's the absolute only thing left behind, I imagine that the tenant came back to clean, and just couldn't deal with moving *one* *more* *thing* -- they just dropped it and walked away, depleted, done.)
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Swifters (who knew so many people owned Swifters - I didn't)
  • Britta water pitchers

No comments: